Thursday, May 23, 2013

Theirno's Transformation

This is a follow up from a previous post called "The Pain of Change" from Friday, September 14, 2012

I know this may not look, at first glance, like a major transformation, but this is Thierno.  Thierno can now breath and speak, which are things that he was incapable of when I first saw him at screening back in September.  Even more than that is the transformation I see in his eyes.  If you go back to my original post you will see a man without hope but here is see a man who can now bring hope to others.  Being new to Mercy Ships, I didn't even realize what was possible. 

Thierno recently came to our community meeting to thank the crew for his surgery.  A nurse introduced him by saying that "transformed people transform nations."  I have come to believe that this is the Gospel.  Jesus came to transform people to transform the nations.  What is now possible for this man when just a few months ago survival seemed impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment