Sunday, September 9, 2012

Snapshots Of Our Week

The screening line.  Photo courtesy of Mercy Ship's photographer Michelle Murrey.
Screening Day:(By Mark) This was a powerful day, a GOOD day, but only in the biblical sense.  I would not label it fun.  Seeing the amount of human suffering that can be condensed in this place was heart breaking.  I can honestly say the only thing that got me through the day was the Holy Spirit.  In the end God's presence was there even among all the suffering.  I will continue in further detail in a future post.

Five Gold Star Days = A Sprite: I absolute love to see my sweet not so little anymore boy's  face light up when I bring out a special treat, and tell him that I am so proud of him.

Fire drills and lollypops: Lollypops are sticky!  I am so thankful for friends with baby wipes, and next time I need to remember water.

Colds, Coughs, and Earaches, oh my!:  I would call it a low, but we all seem to be recovering and are none the worse for wear.

Cuddles while reading dozens of stories: Caleb stayed home from school Friday, and slept until lunch.  We spent the afternoon cuddled on the couch reading stories.   It was special alone time with my sweet littlest boy.
As you can see he is now completely recovered.


Feeling alone while surrounded by people/ missing friends and family: You might wonder how one could possibly feel alone while surround by people, but it does in fact happen.  Luckily God sends special people who help to encourage me when I am feeling a little down.

Uplifting conversation arranged by God: It seems that when I am the most down.  Thinking about family and friend God never neglects to send someone who encourages me.  It makes me feel very blessed!

First Day of dental work & Sweet chubby cheeks on adorable African babies: (By Mark) Thursday 400 people showed up for the first dental screening. We began the day with a down pour and I joked with my team that this was God watering our little seed of a dental clinic.  With the amount of rain that came down I believe we will grow into a awesome, fruit-bearing tree that I hope will nourish this land long after we have left.  Not that our growth has been without pain.  There were problems, trials and persecutions to be overcome, but that is the way to the kingdom. Amen.

A grocery store: Saturday Mark staid home with the boys while I checked out a local grocery store.  I bought black olives, granola bars, mint tea, & chocolate cereal (yummy)!
 

Church in Africa together as a family: (humidity does a crazy number on my hair) We walked about a mile to church this morning as a family.  Church in Africa is different than our church in America.  The boys discussed some of the differences on our mile walk home.  The most pressing on their little American minds was the lack of air conditioning.  I for one was thankful for the two extra fans the church purchased since last Sundays service.  I enjoyed this weeks service and we even finished with one of my favorite songs, "Lord I Lift Your Name On High."  All in all it was a very pleasant Sunday morning.

First day of Karate...discipline here we come! (The numerous pictures are for the grandparents enjoyment.) I am so thankful for the amazing people in our Africa Mercy community.  There are karate classes offered twice a week, and the boys got their uniforms second hand.  Everyone is so generous with their time and their things.





So thankful to be serving together as a family!  We hope you all have an abundantly blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment