Friday, May 16, 2014

The Status of Our Hearts


 When God asked us to join the Africa Mercy we didn't know if it would be for two-years or forever. Mark and I both agreed, at Gateway Training in 2012, that whether it was a season or a lifetime we wanted to serve God with all our hearts. It turns out that our Mercy Ship adventure was for a season. We have complete assurance from God that it is time to head back to the States. That assurance does not make the leaving any easier. We will miss the community on board the Africa Mercy and we will miss serving the people of this great continent, but we know that God has great plans for us and we will continue to seek to serve Him in everything we do. Please pray for our family as we make this transition back to the States. We leave May 24th. I will leave you with some pictures of the last month here in the Republic of Congo.


Myriam and me with yummy desert at the End of Year Teacher Dinner. I am going to miss my sweet French speaking friend. (True Story: I am crying as I type this.) Myriam is a fantastic friend and teacher!
Me dancing in the Spring Recital.
Visiting the orphanage with Matthew.

Overwhelming...trying to decide what to fit into the five duffles bags that will accompany us back to the States.
A few of my sweet ballet students. They were amazing at our Spring dance recital.
Moriah has been an amazing blessing to our family, our sweet son Matthew and to me. She is a lovely ballerina, a gifted teacher, a compassionate friend...I could go on forever.
My incredible friend Dianna. We solve all the worlds problems every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday as we run through the port. She is an awesome mom and an absolute joy to have as a friend. Words cannot begin to describe how much I will miss her.
Lunch with our Gateway group...it used to be a lot bigger.

 Today at lunch I asked the boys how their hearts were. Without missing a beat they all three put their little hands over their hearts. Jacob said, "Mine is beating really fast." Matthew said, "She means, are you healthy.?" Caleb said, "No, are you happy?" I rephrased with, "Are you sad?" They all answered that they were a little sad, but really excited to see their grandparents. We have great grandparents!

Then Caleb sat down in my lap and asked me how my heart was. I told him truthfully that I am incredibly sad to be leaving this place and the friend we have made. He smiled and said, "But you were just laughing. That was joyful." I love when we get opportunities to teach truth to our children. I told him that I am joyful, joyful and sad. That joy doesn't come from our situation or circumstances. It comes from God, the love he has for us and the trust we have in him.

So, for now the Bullock Family is trusting God as we prepare to say good-bye to the Africa Mercy and walk down the gangway one last time a week from Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment